anyone help me with my b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok here is the deal i have a 97 civic lx and i am swapping a b16 in it i have the motor in and wired it just doesn't want to turn over i had it on my dad did something with the distributor and now it doesn't want to turn back on can anyone help me with this please getting really anger and getting ready to sell the dam car system and all

he took it off and re aligned it and then he put it back on after that it never started again it wants to start i checked my timing and it was fine i looked at the arrows on the cams and it is both point in the up and the crank is at tdc it is fine but i have no clue it has gas it has spark, what am i missing?

This is suppose to not be able to happen, but I had a friend that put the dist. in 180 out. It was bolted in and had spark and fuel but wouldn't run. It should slide right in. Check that.

yeah i understand that now i noticed that but it is in the right way so that means it has to be in timing i don't understand why it would not start. i have all the spark plugs in right and the distrib. is in right so i don't know what it is i feel like giving up man i am so lost right now. i don't understand it started and it was on i had to turn it off because my dad said it was lose so we turned it off he pulled it out for some reason and then put it back in and it slide right in after that it did not want to start could i have lost compression from that? could i have messed up the distributor? there is gas becasue i un hooked the fuel pressure reg and gas came out from there i have spark from the cables well tested the only thing left is to change the spark plugs that is the only thing i can think of

check to see if the battery is good. list everything u have on the car. motor, yr, harness, ecu, distrubutor. is everything on the car set to obd2????

i got it to work it ended up being the ecu was bad as soon as i changed the ecu to the non vtec on it turned on and i got a new one and then it worked perfect no CEL nothing thanks for all the help guys

Back