anyone here ride dirtbikes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
The picture I posted was a TRX250. I just did a quick search and found a picture that showed a sport quad, versus a utility one. One of these days I'll see if I can pick one up for cheap.

that 250 is hot. my favorite has always been the 250R :) or a hybrid suzuki 230 with a racer 250 swing arm.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
the xr50 is so much fun :p
You're way too big for a 50 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a 1981 YZ465, fast as fook in a straight line. Big bore two stroke is the shit. Third gear wheelie start and top speed around 100mph normally geared.

1997 Polaris Scramber 500. Four stroke 4x4 quad. Fun for trails and doughnuts. I like it a lot better for longer riding and comfort. Top speed 59 mph, one gear, go.

yeah, but what fun is an automatic quad?

Quoted post[/post]]
naw, the 50 is fun. i fit on it jst fine :p

hahahaha yeah.

Quoted post[/post]]

yeah, but what fun is an automatic quad?

It's fun, and great for hunting and such. Basically I bought it from my neighbor for Hella cheap. It had about 65 hours on it from two previous much older people. The little rubber fingers were still on the knobs of the back tires. Two and a half years ago, I paid $3200. That's half the new price.

For fast and shifting, I haven't found anything like the old iron horse. I'll set it next to any older or newer bike in a straight line on dirt. I can pace a fast 250 with ease. Cornering sucks :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
damn, thats almost as bad as the hit i took on the sol. lol

That was a long time ago when I was 14 too so it was alot of $$$ to me back then. But that dirtbike kinda helped me out because it was my main reason to get a job at the age of 14 and ever since then i've always had some sorta moneypit.

So heres the beast:

gallery_24267_409_24716.jpg

My brother has an RM465. Same displacement as my bike, but I hate the power band. It's gutless, then bam!, you're moving. It's not any faster than my bike, but it's way too sudden when the power hits.

Back