Anyone know how to modify the hood?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Pic:
14664366_l.jpg

How would I be able to get my hood to stick up like this?

That looks stupid and looks like your hood doesn't fit, why would you want that? just to cool down the engine?

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Dec 17 2004, 09:19 AM
That looks stupid and looks like your hood doesn't fit, why would you want that? just to cool down the engine?
[post=433686]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: not sure how, hes using pins and it doesn't look like the hingens are in the back, maybe its just resting on something, once i shut my hood with a wrench under there and it popped up somthing kinda like that

put washers in between the bolts - alot of them - but its useless even for venting might as well by a hood made to do so-
thats just rice -
lol
leave things mounted the way they should be - or suffer the consequences - the hood will be more probable to pop open like battle pope had happen and fly into your windsheild -

You could either use washers between the cowl and the hinge or between the hinge and the hood. You might have to adjust your hood latch after you do this also.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Dec 17 2004, 10:39 AM-->
@Dec 17 2004, 09:19 AM
That looks stupid and looks like your hood doesn't fit, why would you want that?  just to cool down the engine?

:withstupid: not sure how, hes using pins and it doesn't look like the hingens are in the back, maybe its just resting on something, once i shut my hood with a wrench under there and it popped up somthing kinda like that
[post=433698]Quoted post[/post]​

MIke :lol:

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Dec 17 2004, 12:19 PM

Maybe to draw intake air from that large area of high pressure at the base of the windshield? Still though, unless you are going to modify the air intake system to get air from there into your Holley 4 barrel 850 CFM double pumper, it is poinltess IMO :D

you dont mean to have your hood open up backwards do you? like the hinges are by the bumper, and the latch is by the firewall?

From what i've heard, the guy in the pic runs Reverse Mesh, 4x100, super rare.

please don't do that, thats a disgrace upon all hondas, if you want a unique look, then search for hoods, carbon fiber or fiberglass, whatver your prefrence, but don't do that, besides it only looks good on a volkswagon beelte, not a honda.

Originally posted by driver1+Dec 18 2004, 08:10 AM-->
thats simply fucking retarded
[post=434087]Quoted post[/post]​

92dxhatch
@Dec 20 2004, 05:46 PM
please don't do that, thats a disgrace upon all hondas, if you want a unique look, then search for hoods, carbon fiber or fiberglass, whatver your prefrence, but don't do that, besides it only looks good on a volkswagon beelte, not a honda.
[post=435040]Quoted post[/post]​

he asked how to do it not if you like it

Back