Anyone lowered your seats?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crombie09

Ok I just bought a 91 civic HB and I'm too damn big. :eek: It has seats out of a 95 Civic in it, I think thats what the seller told me anyway. Are the seats out of a 95 taller or am I just too big? Is there any way to lower the seats a little? I'm 6 foot 3 and look funny with my head on the roof of the car. Any help, thanks- crombie :)

You could modify your brackets....

I know that when I installed my Corbeau seats and brackets into my 95 Civic, I sat about an inch and a half lower than stock. You might want to consider just upgrading your seats.

:)

most of the time upgrading to aftermarket seats, that need new rails will lower your positioning

Aftermarket seats won't always lower the drivers position. My friend has Sparcos in his ITR, and they sit higher.

Well, if the seat mounts are the same as my 89 CRX Si, I could sell you my Corbeau bracket... then all you have to buy is one Corbeau seat. That will definitely sit you an inch or two lower than stock.

ttt- so nobody has a real answer or fix to my problem? Are there any aftermarket seats that you know for a fact will lower the seating position? -crombie09

Have vertebre sugicaly removed.... i didnt think a civic was that short inside my friend is 6'4" and he fits in a 94 civic and a miata, if you dont want the seats to slide any more you could bolt them to the floor... just an idea

Back