Anyone near/in Hartford CT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 12 2005, 05:50 PM
steve, your wrx is already experiencing problems?? :(
[post=524946]Quoted post[/post]​

Inherent problems. Boxers tend to starve cylinders, and balance is always an issue. Clutch chatter is the one thing this one seems to have that is a maintenance item.

I have a feeling this car is going to shake itself apart in 4 years.

Originally posted by Celerity+Jul 13 2005, 08:34 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Jul 12 2005, 05:50 PM
steve, your wrx is already experiencing problems?? :(
[post=524946]Quoted post[/post]​

Inherent problems. Boxers tend to starve cylinders, and balance is always an issue. Clutch chatter is the one thing this one seems to have that is a maintenance item.

I have a feeling this car is going to shake itself apart in 4 years.
[post=525312]Quoted post[/post]​

You're scaring me here.

Oh, Absolutely.

The materials aren't that great - I mean, it's not Mazda grade of shit, but it's not VW quality either. The car, for being a mid-priced compact wagon (car) has no details. The armrest is spring loaded and chintzy, there are no door lights and the dashboard plastic is Mattel at best. There are no map lights, no vanity mirrors, (the 2002 doesn't have a useable cup-holder, trust me) no nice temperature logicon or even great seats. In fact, the seats look a lot better than they feel. The driver's seat raises and lowers, but offers no lumbar or bolster adjustments. The wheel tilts but doesn't telescope, and long legs will contact the under-plastic of the dashboard. The rear trunk area is great, and the amount of room is great too - But the lack of factory sunroof and ultra-high headroom makes it seem like a very tall car.

The headlights are effective, but again way outdated for a car of this class. The parking light / daytime running light / headlight logic is... flawed (There is a switch on the column itself for turning on the parking lights - A completely USELESS switch. ) but the daytimes can only be turned off by pulling the ebrake up a click (In the Tracker, you have to fool the light sensors by turning the ignition back slightly to get the lights off, but then the ECU is offline as well)

The panels are tight though, especially on the interior. Trying to install a satellite unit is proving to be a 10 out of 10 for toughness, because there isn't one exposed screw in the interior. Everything you see is clipped.

4 speaker stereo, but at least it's double-din and replaceable. the gauges are backlit but can be dimmed in 7 steps.

The rear and side visibility is horrendous in the wagon. It's like backing up a Lamborghini Countach.

The side plastic panels at the running rocker panel is also a trap for water, and I'm starting to develop rust colorings.

So the car is like a Suzuki Esteem that goes very fast, and putting stock for stock, the WRX and the JDM Suzuki Happy Joy Pop RRRr are neck in neck. Scary. It's obviously a car built for driving performance over ownership satisfaction.

Alright, I've driven the 2.5RS but never really been driving around in a WRX Sedan.

I'll have to see if there's even one in my area that I could drive thats not the wagon body.

Question still stands, is anyone willing to check it out?

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 14 2005, 01:22 AM
man i would, im in hartford all the time, but visiting my girlfriend... :)
[post=525913]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're mechanically savvy and willing and no one else would like to do so, I can wait.

I would have to get approved for a small loan, anyway even though that shouldn't take long.

I priced out car insurance and everything already. Now its just finding the right car and buying it.

find one, ill look. im pretty good mechanics wise. :) im best at detecting leaks and wear since ive worked so hard to refresh my tired piece of shit motor.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 14 2005, 01:40 AM
find one, ill look. im pretty good mechanics wise. :) im best at detecting leaks and wear since ive worked so hard to refresh my tired piece of shit motor.
[post=525921]Quoted post[/post]​

The one I posted, with the address I posted, is the only one in your area. The rest of the cars I'm looking at are obviously in my more immediate area in NJ, NY, and PA within an hour or so from me.

Lets see here what the favorites list brings me;

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?track...74&aff=national

-not stock though so it scares me

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...p=y&cardist=102

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...dist=200#vdptop

This is scouring autotrader and cars.com pretty much everyday. I also did the autoshopper.com thing as well but that didn't seem to be very fruitful, along with the failure of Optimum Autos, the digital cable car classified channel. I also go to www.nasioc.com, www.clubwrx.net, www.rs25.com, and www.i-club.com daily as well.

I just noticed another thing today that kinda irritates me... on the wiper stalk, near the base of the stalk, there is a "window washer" icon, above the word "Pull" above the word "Mist". So that, like the tracker, you pull it and it washes. But the washer button is on the end of the stalk. It's almost as if it's mislabelled.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 14 2005, 08:03 AM
I just noticed another thing today that kinda irritates me... on the wiper stalk, near the base of the stalk, there is a "window washer" icon, above the word "Pull" above the word "Mist". So that, like the tracker, you pull it and it washes. But the washer button is on the end of the stalk. It's almost as if it's mislabelled.
[post=525969]Quoted post[/post]​

I highly doubt that will bother me as much as it does you, but we'll see. Visually I like the interior.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jul 15 2005, 11:08 AM-->
@Jul 14 2005, 08:03 AM
I just noticed another thing today that kinda irritates me...  on the wiper stalk, near the base of the stalk, there is a "window washer" icon, above the word "Pull" above the word "Mist".  So that, like the tracker, you pull it and it washes. But the washer button is on the end of the stalk. It's almost as if it's mislabelled.
[post=525969]Quoted post[/post]​

I highly doubt that will bother me as much as it does you, but we'll see. Visually I like the interior.
[post=526757]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd personally pay for a low mileage 2000 2.5RS than the WRXs.. The interior is nicer IMO, and I feel less crouded in the 2.5RS than a WRX, and I have driven both. The subaru turbos do not impress me any more than my stock integra ls did. Onne thing I will say about all subarus I've driven though, they feel SOLID, much more than any honda I've driven. FYI, my buddy paid 16k for a stock 2002 wrx sedan here in cali last year, but it only had 10,000 miles on it.

Back