Apexi S-afc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bump... yeah, anyone done this. More specifically can anyone tell me where to wire the tach signal inside the cabin. I know about the blue wire at the distributor, but the nice little wiring harness is so complete!! There must be an ECU pin for tach signal. Would TDC sensor or Crank Angle sensor work?

And what about the MAP sensor? There is only one wire for the S AFC, but 3 wires go directly between the sensor and the ECU... which one do I tap? :huh: Oh yeah... my car is an '88 Integra with built stock D16A1. The head is ported/shaved and I have 10.75:1 Arias pistons on a balanced bottom end. Stock ECU is PG7.

Well, I got it wired up. I was given a link to a page on hasport's site that shows what ECU pins correspond between a few OBD0 and OBD1 cars, and made sure that the Apexi book was the one I should follow for the PG7 '88 Integra. The very first listing on there for Hondas was the correct hook ups for me. The new Super AFC II has a Knock sensor hook up as well, but I had to translate some Kanji color symbols to make sure I had the right wire. After that there were two wires still left unhooked. They had the male and female round connectors. Blue and Orange wires were not listed anywhere that I could see. It might be that these are what makes the limited edition capable of inverting the display colors. I'm almost afraid to hook it up. I'd hate to mess the thing up!

I figured I'd post here so there was at least some response about this. Plus the fact that the supplied chart works for an ECU that is not listed in the book.

Tomorrow, I'll do some butt-dyno tuning to see if I can squeeze some more umph out of the old girl! :rolleyes:

we have obd1, obd2a and obd2b pinouts in our articles section.

instructions for wiring it up are found on apexi-usa.com

and for the first question- if you have vtec, this is not for you. thats what the vafc is for.

Back