apexi vafc controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

on my list of things to get is the apexi vafc controller.a friend of mine has one on his b16 crx and showed me that you can drop vtec engagement all the way down to 3000rpm.i have a b16a in my 91 hb and i was wndering if i was to get my vafc controller and set vtec at 3k would it harm anything? is it something that should only be tuned before a race? what are the ill effects that it would cause? little help :blink:

You can't just tune it before a race. You need to get it and your car on a dyno, with wideband o2 and tune it. You can experiment with lowering or raising your vtec, but don't go that low, and don't go by the butt dyno.

:withstupid:
bring it to a dyno
have it set
forget you even have the VAFC (ie: DONT FUCK WITH IT ANYMORE)

the ONLY thing that will happen by dropping the engagement that low is you will bog the fuck out

On that note, I reading about setting the vtec changeover, and one way that was suggested is to do one run with it on the lowest changeover point, and another on the highest, and then overlay the two dynos, and where they meet, set it there.

and 3000 rpm isnt good thing. the lowest point you want vtec id say is at 4400(which is what a lot of the obd-0 chips use)

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 05:26 PM
and 3000 rpm isnt good thing. the lowest point you want vtec id say is at 4400(which is what a lot of the obd-0 chips use)

It's not set to run there, you do one run there and one run high and the theory is where those two runs cross, is the perfect spot in the powerband for the changeover. I've never done it, but might try for shits and giggles.

yeah ive heard the same thing

Back