Archeological dig in my new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

... Yielded two gasoline receipts. Stuffed under the seat.

January 4th, 1980 $1.01 per gallon
January 25th, 1980 $1.13 per gallon

That's a helluva hike. Tenafly NJ and Engle Cliffs (?) NJ.

Just thought I would share.

Seany-izzle said:
i was about to say.... what happend in 1980 that caused that? Was that the time of the first gas crisis?

Right after it.

Gas crisis occured in '78.

Gas prices did fall off in the mid-90's B. I remember when 87octane gas was 89cents during nineteen ninety-something. Probably 1994-97ish.

totalburnout said:
Right after it.

Gas crisis occured in '78.

Gas prices did fall off in the mid-90's B. I remember when 87octane gas was 89cents during nineteen ninety-something. Probably 1994-97ish.
I remember that from when I was little. I recall telling my dad that one gas station was crazy for thinking they could sell gas for 0.89. Funny, I would say the same thing today.

Sidenote: A reciept from 1980? How often do you clean your car? I feel I'm slacking when I find anything over 2 months old. That piece of paper you hold is older than ME!

shit i wish gas was $1.13!! here in Fort Wayne, Indiana the 87 octane is $3.19. yeah i typed that right!!! i about shit my pants when i saw that. oh well. nothing i can do about it except pay it.

cheapest gas i could find around here is 2.87 at a walmart...

$2.99 for the shit gas here.

(enter old-timer voice here) "Way back when I was a kid Gasoline was 88 cents a gallon!"

Well, that was the best price I've ever seen anyway, and that was mid 90's.

Back