1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are LCA's worth it?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by BlackFrog, Mar 9, 2004.

1. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

Ive always thought those nice aftermarket LCA's were cool, but never really looked into them. Theres a nice set here http://www.jmdracing.com/store/product_lis...y_id=34&Sub=114
    for a real good price... Other then the bling effect, and the slight weight savings, are they really all that. For $100 bucks, i figure, why not get a set, right?

Heres the tough part, i have a S/T rear sway bar. It mounts using a clamp kind of system around the LCA. this is how the endlinks attach. Ya think these things are gonna be smaller, therefor not allowing me to mount the sway bar to it?

Any thoughts welcome.

-Chris

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I would imagine that they would still fit. See no diffrence. I have seen the swaybar style that mount to the center of the LCA on SSR LCA's.

I would look at a diffrent set. I belive I have seen for EG/DC's ones that correct camber.

3. jwn7

jwn7 Member

just get es poly lca bushings and be done. don't waste money when your oem lcas do the job just fine.

if you want some blingin parts, at least get it where it can be seen... not your lcas :p

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:werd:

I've got ES bushings all around, and it's pretty nice. I might have to go with an aftermarket LCA like the SRR if the bigger rear sways require the mounting holes though... I don't know if Comptech's does or not.

5. StyleTEG

StyleTEG Senior Member

Most of those aftermarket LCA's use spherical bearings instead of bushings. Even the ES poly bushings are not as effective.

Keep in mind the LCA's are UNSPRUNG weight, which is more effective (handling wise) than removing the same amount sprung.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Of course- spherical metal bearings > poly bushings > rubber bushings. :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted