are pro 2 to big?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
ok so after all the forums i went through i have decided...
for my block i have
11:5:1 comp arp rod bolts balanced and weighted rotating assembly
and for the head im going with super-flo 6000 series ferrea valves skunk2 springs and ret, profab header and skunk2 pro intake mani..
now for my setup are the pro 2 cams going to be to big? how are the clearances on those and are they able to have a full tune on them... meaning can they be adjusted more than 0,0
im going btw the pro 1 and pro 2.. the pro2 will give me the power i want but i dont want problems

no one can tell you what clearances will be like. you have to just try it and measure it yourself. end of story. id stick to pro1's on your setup. but still measure the clearances

oh i know lol im just asking to see if maybe someone on here has a poor mans type r build and a set of those cams to see if they had any problems. im having it all done professionally but i dont wanna buy a cam thats to big... there not cheap

your really good at this.. outa all the ppl on here you make the most sense. piston to valve contact is my only worry, i havent bought the cams yet or i would just clay the motor.
im having the whole head assembled by a tuner shop and there going to dyno tune it also

^^^ Yep, claying is becoming a thing of the past. Its just a pain to have to take the motor back apart to check the clay thickness. All of your clearances can be checked with measuring tools while the motor is together. Most people just don't have the correct tools, so claying is their friend. I'll post up a pic of the tools I use to check clearances and degree cams etc. Got the setup from a guy in my area, Mike Belben. Some of you may know him.

Pics of the "clearancing fixture"
camdegree004.jpg

camdegree010.jpg

camdegree007.jpg

Oh you need a link, well sorry there isn't one. I don't know of any write up thats out there to explain how to use it. Not that difficult to figure out though. I may do a write up one day for it, but it takes alot of time which I don't have right now.

My bad, I missed that. But it only talks about degreeing the cams. With the setup I posted up you can get your piston to valve clearance without claying the motor. You can also get the valve to valve clearance also I beleive.

that kit mike belben makes is badass. its a tad expensive, but its the best way to do it. im gonna pick one up once i have the money. theres a link on h-t on checking v-v clearances. i have it bookmarked at home, ill get the link when i get home.

v-v you cant really check unless you take the head off. pretty much you take the head and sit it on the edge of a workbench with cyl #1 hanging over the edg. install cams/gears. (be sure to lock vtec) then using an old timing belt and needle nose vice grips, you clamp it on there so the belt loops around just the gears. then you can rotate the gears and adjust the v-v clearance to whats acceptable.

i just bought the skunk pro intake mani. any tricks to takin the old one off without jacking the motor up? dont know about you but i dont wanna spend 6 hours replacing it

eh.. dont have one lol. i know how to take it off just wondering if theres a trick cause the bolts on the underside are a bitch

in order to get the most out of the pro'2 you'll need atleast 12:5.1 compression
with the lower compression you might make more low and midrange power with the pro one'2.

here is that link
newenglandhondarebuilders.com
their not that expencive but its definatly worth it if you put together alot of engines

i just bought a new 4-2-1 hytech header its long tube design and delets the cat. ill post pics of it when i get it

its sick. i had a high flow cat on my car before and its pretty quiet untill i hit vtec lol

did you get that off ebay for 200 bucks? do you know WHY its so cheap? that batch had a lot of allignment issues with the ports and bolt holes. basically a defective bunch. maybe youll get lucky and it wont be too hard to fix, but on my car i wouldnt take the chance...

custom built SMSP FTW

yea you caught me lol, i got it today and checked it out, it fits perfect no alignment issue on it, im still going to drill it a little bit its kinda tight, when it gets hot i dont want it to expand and mess something up, they look hella nice, i just test fitted them though, im leaving my other headers on till i get my new p28 ecu and my skunk2 pro intake mani. i found a chassi dyno in my area so im gonna see what kinda diff they make

Back