ARGH, Popups on HS while using Firefox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, everytime i log on to HS. I get these stupid popups from some "z1.adserver" thingy.

Is there any way i can get rid of these or do i have to just live with it?

thanks in advance, Cash

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

there is one pop up per 24 hours via a cookie set to your machine. if your machine doesn't accept cookies, it will pop everytime.

ads suck, i know... but hosting this site costs almost 100 bucks a month.

unless we make a move to a pay-per-month membership, or a mandatory donation or something, instead of free, ads will always be a part of this site

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 9 2005, 10:50 PM
there is one pop up per 24 hours via a cookie set to your machine. if your machine doesn't accept cookies, it will pop everytime.

ads suck, i know... but hosting this site costs almost 100 bucks a month.

unless we make a move to a pay-per-month membership, or a mandatory donation or something, instead of free, ads will always be a part of this site
[post=471494]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i know B, but is there anyway for the browser to block them? Like, i thought a plus with firefox was that it didnt get popups and now im getting them. . . . .

IE let's me block all pop ups. It beeps instead. To open a new window, I have to hold down the CTRL button at the same time as clicking on a link. Kind of a pain once in a while, but worth it. It's under tools,privacy tab, check box for blocking popups, and click the button for settings.

Originally posted by tab@Mar 10 2005, 02:17 AM
IE let's me block all pop ups. It beeps instead. To open a new window, I have to hold down the CTRL button at the same time as clicking on a link. Kind of a pain once in a while, but worth it. It's under tools,privacy tab, check box for blocking popups, and click the button for settings.
[post=471561]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah i use firefox . . .

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2005, 09:47 AM
block our ads, and i don't get paid, and hondaswap gets closed.

thats really all there is to it.
[post=471616]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, for the sake of b i will allow the daily violation of my computer with pop-ups :lol:.

-> its cool, ill do it for H.S.

mozilla blocks most pop ups by default, but there are "pop unders" and floating pop ups and junk that slide through in the way they are coded.

Yeah, it's just a pop-under. Let it load and then kill it. You don't see it anyway- it hides under your browser.

What's weird is a month ago I NEVER got ads. Now all of a sudden Firefox is allowing them on various sites. *#$&)@#$

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2005, 09:47 AM
block our ads, and i don't get paid, and hondaswap gets closed.

thats really all there is to it.
[post=471616]Quoted post[/post]​

so how much money per person do you get for these ads?

Is it 10 cents per view or click? I remember when you asked everyone to click on an ad or two for Hondaswap's sake. I did. I just don't like involuntary anything. I like total control over my browsing, while maintaining functionality and user friendliness. Hell, I'll send you $1 if you make my computer immune to the Hondaswap ads....... :)

Originally posted by Prowler@Mar 10 2005, 08:42 PM
What's weird is a month ago I NEVER got ads. Now all of a sudden Firefox is allowing them on various sites. *#$&)@#$
[post=471999]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't get popups or popunders with Firefox. Ever. Hell, I didn't even know Hondaswap had ads until I went over to a friend's place and logged on.

Linux Firefox shouldn't be any different from the Windows version though... weird.

perhaps, i could set up a premium membership thing...

but i don't have time any time from now till like june.. so don't expect it soon.

I'd rather just deal with the popups and click a few ads.

I don't follow them I just click them then close the window. takes all of 2 secs
if only I did it more often =)

Back