ARGHH!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiahanhao

The other day, I'm in my roommates car driving home from the DMV. He has a cool new cell phone, so I check out if he has any games on it. My roommate looks over, and noticing I'm using his cellphone, tells me to not use it anymore. Asking him why, he tells me that he has no charger at home. I point to his car charger and ask him if it's not working. He informs me that indeed it is, but plugging his phone in the car will "fuck up his transmission". Asking where on earth he picked up this gem, he tells me my other roommate told him. A few days later, I ask my roommate this, and he says oh yeah, a mechanic told me that. A short argument later, he was still not convinced that this was complete rubbish...

Am I wrong? Because otherwise it just seems to me that some mechanics find their ASE certification at the bottom of a cracker jack box...

:cliffs:

Roommate says charging cellphones in the car is bad for transmission.
I tell him that's bullshit.
He claims a mechanic told him that.

lol :D anyone with the slightest clue of automotive knowledge would know thats impossible.

Actually i have heard the same thing a while back. Not sure what kind of ignorant ass person would start saying something like that.

WTF. Bitch slap both your roommates and yourself for being so foolish.

Plugging the phone into the cig lighter is like plugging the phone into the car batery. It's just tapping energy from the electrical system, and has NOTHING to do with the transmission, wether it's an electronic shift control model or not. You MIGHT put 1.00000000001 times more strain on the alternator, but that load is negligible, as you can tell.

Complete BS, man. Seriously.

i guess my dual split charger for my radar detector (which just saved me from a 15 over ticket tonight on the highway) and phone charger has been fuckin up my transmission then...no wonder why i ground 2nd gear the other day.... :doh: :ph34r:

Back