argument between friends

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

whats up. my buddies were having an argument about handling. the issue was that my friend with an audi a4 and a set of full coilovers (y techs i believe...not the greatest) made a crazy turn at about 190km/h, it was an on-ramp but i forgot the recommended speed rating. anyways the argument was that my buddy with a civic (eg si hatch with typer suspension, sway bars, strut bars, coilovers, and slammed to shit) wouldnt be able to hack that turn cause its a civic and they also argued that his brother couldnt hack that turn either...his brother drives bmw 4dr e36 with bilstein full coilovers, xbrace, sway/strut bars allaround, 18" rims with sum motherass tires....there argument was that his car was rwd and would spin out. what do u guys think?

uhhh it doesn't matter if the car is RWD or FWD unless your cornering under acceleration, and even then, it just means the difference between the rear end coming around (RWD) or the car understeering the point where there is no traction and it plows straight forward (FWD). There are so many other factors (weight distribution, tires, cornering technique) but to make a guess, that hatch could match if not smoke the audi. The audi probably weights at least 500lbs more than the civic, and that is a big disadvantage. I bet the BMW could own it's ass too, because most Bimmer's have 50/50 weight distribution which would probably ownzor the audi.

cliff notes: your friend's Audi would get bashed on by the other two cars.

if you want to test for real, get your hands on one of them G-force meters and take it to the skid pad.

Back