1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atmospheric Pressure Sensor replacment??

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by roninallout79, Oct 19, 2007.

1. roninallout79

roninallout79 Plan B

So I have a 91 HB that had the D13 carb motor and I swapped in a D15 DPFI for a meer 100 EURO. My problem is that the ECU (OBDII) is flashing 3, 13, 17. I know that 3 is the MAP sensor and 13 is the Atmospheric Pressure Sensor, and 17 is the VSS sensor. My questions is where in the hell is the damn Atmospheric Pressure Sensor located on this damn motor?? I know where the MAP sensor and the VSS sensor are but in my manual it says I have to take it to Honda to have it fixed. Well here in Germany Honda Dealers are kinda rare plus I am a mechanic in the Army so I am sure I can do it myself if I can find the damn thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plan "B"

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

3. roninallout79

roninallout79 Plan B

Got that one too

Yea I was googlein' around and found that one too. Doesnt tell me jack though. Oh yea once I realized the map sensor was garbaged I took it out and wow the car runs great! Never did understand that one. The only thing is I am getting really crappy mileage. Probably due to the map sensor being gone. What do you think??

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

5. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

PA sensor is located right behind the dash on the passenger side - looks like this

Attached Files:

6. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

most of the time, when you fix the code 3 for MAP, the code for the PA will go away - code 3 is the vacuum portion of the MAP - are the vacuum lines correct?

7. roninallout79

roninallout79 Plan B

Vaccum lines

I think they are I might have them backwards. This is not the original motor, harness or ECU for this car. My car was orginally a 1.3L with carb. So I will check to see if that sensor is there. THanks by the way

Plan "B"

8. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

what year is the engine? just curious because you said you had OBDII ECU

9. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I doubt the sensor is bad, I'd check the wiring first. Sounds like maybe the polarity of the MAP sensor is swapped if lines are hooked up properly.

Where in Germany are you? I'm in Wiesbaden.

10. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

just a thought - if the car was originally carbed, it may not even have a PA sensor and probably didn't originally have a MAP - those items wouldn't be needed with carb

11. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Exactly why I think the MAP sensor may not be properly hooked up. He said it's OBD2 now.

12. roninallout79

roninallout79 Plan B

Yea I know the car was carbed now its DPFI and it has a MAP sensor in it. The motor is a 91 also. Im in Heidelberg actually Im on Tompkins BCKS. Thanks for your help everyone. I will let you know when its fixed.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted