Auction Sniping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Don't you hate it when you get outbid at the last possible moment on eBay??

I hate that shit!!! That shit pisses me off soo much!

Auction sniping is an art form. I don't bid on anything with more than 10 seconds left on it, unless it's to remove the buy it now option (by placing a minimum bid, to insure the auction will go as an auction and not an instant purchase for someone else).

Two hints:

- Get a real internet connection. :)
- Run two browser windows. Make sure they are both logged in. Refresh the auction in one window, and have your bid ready to go in the other window.

For all you snipers out there, check this site out:
http://www.auctionsniper.com

/rant

cool... what if there was like 10 snipers going for one thing?? the price would go up so freaking fast. i sniped a SI HB before in the last second but the fucking seller got gay and backed out on me stupid fucker. i hope he got in a accident after that.

Originally posted by dveit@Sep 2 2003, 05:06 AM
Don't you hate it when you get outbid at the last possible moment on eBay??

I hate that shit!!! That shit pisses me off soo much!

Auction sniping is an art form. I don't bid on anything with more than 10 seconds left on it, unless it's to remove the buy it now option (by placing a minimum bid, to insure the auction will go as an auction and not an instant purchase for someone else).

Two hints:

- Get a real internet connection. :)
- Run two browser windows. Make sure they are both logged in. Refresh the auction in one window, and have your bid ready to go in the other window.

For all you snipers out there, check this site out:
http://www.auctionsniper.com

/rant

:huh: Wait...you hate auction snipers, yet you are one and give tips on how to do it? :lmao:

Talk about the pot calling itself black & then slapping the kettle in the face. :slap:

Good tips though, if there's something that important to me, I'll keep it in mind...but 90% of what i've bid on I've just hit the buy now button and secured it. ;)

I ALWAYS forget to keep up with my Watched Items list... Everything is ended by the time I get back and look at eGhey again. :(

There's been a few things I've wanted to get that went cheap...

All 4 rotors for a Mustang Cobra... the upgrade to my setup on my Mustang. $25. And they looked GOOD, too. :(

I was pissed about that one. Try finding 13" and 12" rotors for that cheap anywhere else!

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 2 2003, 01:50 AM
:huh: Wait...you hate auction snipers, yet you are one and give tips on how to do it? :lmao:

Talk about the pot calling itself black & then slapping the kettle in the face. :slap:

Good tips though, if there's something that important to me, I'll keep it in mind...but 90% of what i've bid on I've just hit the buy now button and secured it. ;)

I suggested the site and hints to try and prevent people from losing their shit at the last minute.

Originally posted by dveit+Sep 2 2003, 06:12 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Sep 2 2003, 01:50 AM

Good tips though, if there's something that important to me, I'll keep it in mind...but 90% of what i've bid on I've just hit the buy now button and secured it.  ;)

I suggested the site and hints to try and prevent people from losing their shit at the last minute.

i know. good info too, thanks :p

Someone tried it on me last night, but I got it back with 6 seconds to go, hahahahaha 1337

Grrr. Well, at least I bumped the price up on something by $30 right before the auction closed. ;)

I ALWAYS snipe to win. 10 seconds left, put in MY maximum I'd bid on something. If their proxy is higher, oh, well, I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

This was for all four disk brake rotors off a 35k mile 97 Mustang Cobra. Was at $55, I put it up to $81 in the last 10 seconds, but lost. :(

Back