Audi S4 HID into EG stock housing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bublik

I have a set of Audi S4 projectors, balasts, etc everything needed for an HID conversion into my hatch. The EG lights are good, but I like HID for late night highway runs etc etc. In any case, I think projector lights are quite ricey and want to keep my stock housing if I can. The HID's from the audi can be cut out and retrofitted, I just want to know if it can be done into the stocks, or do I need to get some, Denji or TYC and then cut the beater projector out of that and mold the one I have in from the audi. That way, I should have a direct audi look?

What is the easiest way to do it and get a good light beam? I dont need ghetto glare at all.

Eddie

You can put them in the stock housings, but I would recommend you get a clear housing replacement from ProCarParts or somewhere else first. The fluted glass (lines) helps spread the beam pattern out with the incandescant bulb setup, and when combined with the HID projector- it will only throw glare everywhere and really screw up your beam pattern. You'll annoy the hell out of people you're driving with at night, and you'll just become another person that people complain about on the road- and then you'll become another strike against those of us who like to do HID conversions properly.

Buy a clear lens housing, then swap in your projectors. Just cut off some of the rear plastic reflector, then mount in the new projectors so that you can still use the aiming screws on the backs of the stock style housings. You might want to paint the old reflector surface black or some other non-reflective color.

Good luck. Stock EG lights suck, by the way. I hate mine.

Back