Audio set up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i just want to put a 10" sub and some nice interior speakers...and a 5ch amp...i have a sweet pioneer head unit with the dolphins and race car screen savers....i just dont know what i should spend my $$$ on or what brands to buy......any thoughts?

im a big JL fan. Mainly cuz they have great sound quality and the fact that you can tune the amps better than any ive ever seen. If you want to have a good quality system. your going to spend some dough. If want save some money lanzar speaker are the to go. i was impressed at the way they sounded in my friends car. As far as subs and amps, i would choose jl, rockford, kicker, mmats. Some are a little pricy but you wont be dissapointed. Im getting out of the stereo stuff and turning towards hondas now. I got my jl 13w7 and 1000/1 for a grand if you interested.

a little out of my budget right now...i want to spend $600 for interior F/B, including an amp for my 10" sub....not much but i dont need all that great of a stereo....i know how to install everything ....i just want a brand that will sound sweet and be affordable.........i'm a little lost

i'd go to best buy or something. pick up some fosgate speakers( cheap and sound good). then id go to a pro audio place and pick up a JL 10w3 and a 250/1. you might find a good name brand 500 watt amp at a pawn shop. i always check them out when i need a bargain.

thats a good website. just remember cheap is not always a good thing

I have a 5 channel kenwood excelon amp that I really like.

- Good Names for speakers: Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, BA, Infinity
- Good Names for amps: Kenwood, RF, Alpine, Kicker

i think i can find better deals on shit over the net....best buy is nice but i dont want to pay more for the same shit.........i guess i a want to be a little cheap but keeping it with in reason.....i already have a 10" and ported box.......

This is the amp that I own and love Ebay'

I got mine for 300+shipping so I would not pay for than that.

the alpine type-r component speakers are pretty kickass. a friend of mine had those in his civic and the sound quality was awesome, but then again, i'm not a connosuire of sound eqiupment.

yeah the type R's are good. Except the sub. Mine pounded prettywell. Then i stuck a fosgate hx2 in the same box and i noticed a big difference. I abused the crap out of the fosgate and ran strong till i sold it. My girl had the type R and that surround seperated from the cone, Alpine used some cheap as glue. Dont get me wrong they are good. but fosgate manufactures better that alpine

i was into the audion scene for a wile alothough jl and rockford are nice stuff it is very expensive. i cant give much adivice as far as a 5 channel to choose but diamond audio makes killer speakers you can probably get a bottom of the line ten that will out perform an afforadble jl any day of the week. as far as door speakers goes in a crx a some little pioneer 3 ways will do the job, affordable but also still have quality. a 10" m3 sub in the slotted box will give you some bang you can probably find the sub for about 70 if that and very reliable.

I prefer 2 way for the doors, cuz the little tweeter will prbably blow out anyways, making it sound like ass

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Feb 2 2005, 02:53 PM
Howabout alpine components?
and why not check prices at www.ikesound.com ?
[post=455261]Quoted post[/post]​

I have the 6.5" type r components in my hatch and it sounds beautiful! :worthy: i'd definetly look into them if you want a speaker that sounds loud and clear at the same time. Also i have a fiberglass spare tire well 10" sub box for sale if you are interested, it came with my hatch when i bought it and i dont want it, it was made by some shop on the north shore in MA.

make sure you measure the speaker depth ! the crx's have very little room in their door panels

i'm planing on using bass blocker on the 5.1/4 in the front with 2 way 6x9 in the rear with the volfenheim 10" in the bass tube.......my friend at work has the same speaker but 12" in a polk audio box and a simple cap and volfe..amp...it bangs

im goint to look around for the diamond audio speakers.......and i am using the 5 channel kenwood excelon amp....if i can find it cheaper........ not trying to add alot of weight ....thats why i'm using the tube

Originally posted by Taco15+Feb 2 2005, 02:57 PM-->
i'd go to best buy or something. pick up some fosgate speakers( cheap and sound good). then id go to a pro audio place and pick up a JL 10w3 and a 250/1. you might find a good name brand 500 watt amp at a pawn shop. i always check them out when i need a bargain.
[post=455265]Quoted post[/post]​
Great idea just he doesnt need to go to a big name shop to get the JL hes not looking for serious stuff he can get a decent sub and amp sometimes on a combo deal at a big retailer like them, that will sound fine for what hes looking for.

formby
@Feb 2 2005, 03:00 PM
i think i can find better deals on shit over the net....best buy is nice but i dont want to pay more for the same shit.........i guess i a want to be a little cheap but keeping it with in reason.....i already have a 10" and ported box.......
[post=455269]Quoted post[/post]​

You will find better deals over the net but remember you always have problems returning them if you do that. So my advise find what you want in a store either big retailer or small shop, then find it online from a known site.

Back