1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio set up

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by formby, Jan 31, 2005.

1. formby

formby learning in progress

so i just want to put a 10" sub and some nice interior speakers...and a 5ch amp...i have a sweet pioneer head unit with the dolphins and race car screen savers....i just dont know what i should spend my $$$ on or what brands to buy......any thoughts?

2. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

im a big JL fan. Mainly cuz they have great sound quality and the fact that you can tune the amps better than any ive ever seen. If you want to have a good quality system. your going to spend some dough. If want save some money lanzar speaker are the to go. i was impressed at the way they sounded in my friends car. As far as subs and amps, i would choose jl, rockford, kicker, mmats. Some are a little pricy but you wont be dissapointed. Im getting out of the stereo stuff and turning towards hondas now. I got my jl 13w7 and 1000/1 for a grand if you interested.

3. formby

a little out of my budget right now...i want to spend $600 for interior F/B, including an amp for my 10" sub....not much but i dont need all that great of a stereo....i know how to install everything ....i just want a brand that will sound sweet and be affordable.........i'm a little lost

4. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

5. formby

6. Taco15

i'd go to best buy or something. pick up some fosgate speakers( cheap and sound good). then id go to a pro audio place and pick up a JL 10w3 and a 250/1. you might find a good name brand 500 watt amp at a pawn shop. i always check them out when i need a bargain.

7. Taco15

thats a good website. just remember cheap is not always a good thing

8. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I have a 5 channel kenwood excelon amp that I really like.

- Good Names for speakers: Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, BA, Infinity
    - Good Names for amps: Kenwood, RF, Alpine, Kicker

9. formby

i think i can find better deals on shit over the net....best buy is nice but i dont want to pay more for the same shit.........i guess i a want to be a little cheap but keeping it with in reason.....i already have a 10" and ported box.......

10. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

This is the amp that I own and love Ebay'

I got mine for 300+shipping so I would not pay for than that.

11. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

the alpine type-r component speakers are pretty kickass. a friend of mine had those in his civic and the sound quality was awesome, but then again, i'm not a connosuire of sound eqiupment.

12. Taco15

yeah the type R's are good. Except the sub. Mine pounded prettywell. Then i stuck a fosgate hx2 in the same box and i noticed a big difference. I abused the crap out of the fosgate and ran strong till i sold it. My girl had the type R and that surround seperated from the cone, Alpine used some cheap as glue. Dont get me wrong they are good. but fosgate manufactures better that alpine

13. jonathanfrey86

jonathanfrey86 Junior Member

i was into the audion scene for a wile alothough jl and rockford are nice stuff it is very expensive. i cant give much adivice as far as a 5 channel to choose but diamond audio makes killer speakers you can probably get a bottom of the line ten that will out perform an afforadble jl any day of the week. as far as door speakers goes in a crx a some little pioneer 3 ways will do the job, affordable but also still have quality. a 10" m3 sub in the slotted box will give you some bang you can probably find the sub for about 70 if that and very reliable.

14. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

I prefer 2 way for the doors, cuz the little tweeter will prbably blow out anyways, making it sound like ass

15. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I have the 6.5" type r components in my hatch and it sounds beautiful! :worthy: i'd definetly look into them if you want a speaker that sounds loud and clear at the same time. Also i have a fiberglass spare tire well 10" sub box for sale if you are interested, it came with my hatch when i bought it and i dont want it, it was made by some shop on the north shore in MA.

16. Taco15

make sure you measure the speaker depth ! the crx's have very little room in their door panels

17. formby

i'm planing on using bass blocker on the 5.1/4 in the front with 2 way 6x9 in the rear with the volfenheim 10" in the bass tube.......my friend at work has the same speaker but 12" in a polk audio box and a simple cap and volfe..amp...it bangs

im goint to look around for the diamond audio speakers.......and i am using the 5 channel kenwood excelon amp....if i can find it cheaper........ not trying to add alot of weight ....thats why i'm using the tube

18. lowassaccord

lowassaccord Senior Member

You will find better deals over the net but remember you always have problems returning them if you do that. So my advise find what you want in a store either big retailer or small shop, then find it online from a known site.

19. Taco15

20. :stuntstere:

:stuntstere: Junior Member

Clif designs is a pretty sweet audio company along with MA audio.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted