Audio system advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bought a pioneer head unit, 25w x4 with remote, and aux input for 25$ at goodwill.
its a very good unit, i love it.
and i bought a 400w powerbass amp for 130.
and when i bought that i got two sets of tweeters with built in crossovers for free.
put those in, with some extra door speakers.
so on my doors i have a pair of 5 inches, 3 1/2 inches and tweeters running off the amp from the head and i used the amp to run the rear speakers, and i bought a 12 with an amp built into the box from a thrift store for 25$
and i spent 37 on the wiring kit.

it turned out great.

oh and the rear speakers are bose and the door speakers are infitiy and global.

this thread is a month old

so........... chances are he prolly got his system in. Try not to bring dead threads back unless the original poster actually brings it back himself.

due to my crappy life i'm selling my setup for cheap

JL 1000/1 and 2 boston G-5 subs with custom box for $1,000. Amp alone cost me 1k. subs retail new for about $450 here locally. You might find some cheaper but not much less. They high quality SQ subs that can pound.

no I'm still looking actually
lol. well, take advantage of some of these christmas deals, kidd. if you can, anyway...it's a good time to take advantage of sales. :shrug2:

edit: or, help taco out. :thumbsup:

(sorry, was posting at same time taco did, originally)

my current setup

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

imo the best sub you can get dollar for dollar is a kicker Comp VR. I upgraded to a 07CVR124 in a custom sealed box. It hits hard and very clean. One thing that every one will talk about is how loud there system can play, not many people seem to understand clarity and quality of sound. Also, get some mains with good mid bass, in most car stereos mid bass is what is lacking the most. Good luck. to the op: Feel free to ask questions, I roll with a lot of audiophiles.

Last edited:
comp vr's . i remeber those. cheap,loud,clean, decent quality. Those are good subs.

not my style though.

Back