Auto Ecu/motor, W/5speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

would the mix match between the 2 cause any serious problems? i know the rev limiter is different between the two, is there anything else?

Chris

im pretty sure you need to modify the auto ECU to work right on a manual
or just get the manual ECU
but i dont think you can run a manual with an auto ECU (same thing the other way around)

There is no difference in rev limiter I believe, which ecu are you referring to? 5 speed engines can run auto ecus fine, not sure if it works the same way, though.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 22 2003, 02:14 AM
There is no difference in rev limiter I believe, which ecu are you referring to? 5 speed engines can run auto ecus fine, not sure if it works the same way, though.

ive had the car for maybe a month, i was just told that the limiter is different, i am running the 5speed with Auto Ecu.... would it be better to find a Man. ecu? where could i find one?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 22 2003, 08:19 AM
are you throwing code 19?? automatic lockup solenoid??

Oh, no :D no codes, i just wondered of this was going to cause a problem in the future thanks though :D

Chris

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 22 2003, 08:34 AM
hmmm.. what are the numbers on hte side of the ecu??

These are all the #'s i could find : 90-10-02 written in black on the ECU

411-201378 , Written below a scan bar just to the right of the previous #

Chris

what ecu is it?? there should be a letter/number/number code

like p72/p28 somewhere on it.. are you sure its an auto?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 22 2003, 08:52 AM
what ecu is it?? there should be a letter/number/number code

like p72/p28 somewhere on it.. are you sure its an auto?

Hmmmmm i really dont know much about this motor or ecu... i looked and looked and didnt see any other #'s except the ones i listed below, im afraid to take the ecu out to get a better look because all of the connections were poorly down (twist connectors :blink: )

if i cant figure out what goes where.... im fuct

Back