Auto H22...tab can help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DhN

Well i have a 91 accord with an h22....but i have th accord tcu. woill vtec still engage...even tho the motor wll shift at that accord shitf points?...will it be slow or jus like the f22 or somethin..no power?...anyone kno where i can find a tcu?

Quoted post[/post]]
Well i have a 91 accord with an h22....but i have th accord tcu. woill vtec still engage...even tho the motor wll shift at that accord shitf points?...will it be slow or jus like the f22 or somethin..no power?...anyone kno where i can find a tcu?

hold each gear manually by shifting down with the shifter. It will shift at normal F22 points if you leave it in drive. Shifting down sucks at certain points, because you know you won't blow the motor, but the TCU thinks you have an F22.

TCU's can be found. An H22 Prelude TCU will make you happy. You do have to run a wire after changing TCU's, otherwise, your shifter won't come out of park.

just pretend you have a stick shift, and when you have to slow down, take your foot off the gas and shift into lower gears.

no no no. Never take your foot off the gas!!!!

I start in D1. At 30-35ish, D2. At 80ish, D3. At 115ish, D4.

You'll find the rev limiter, so don't shit your pants.

D4 is fine for daily cruising while drinking coffee. Your car will shift by itself at about 6200 rpms. Later on, you can get the proper TCU if you wish.

Oh, the downfall is that your car will NOT grab first gear on a downshift unless you are below 30 mph. This means a 35 mph rolling start race will fuck you. You will be out of VTEC in second, and you can't grab first unless you slow down. That=teh suck.

A 29 mph first gear drop will give you a nice snap, so be ready to shift.

Never start in D2. Start in D1,D3,or D4. D2 is like saying you want to start in second gear. The tranny just holds that gear until you shift up or down.

Back