1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto to manual conversion

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by steeze, Dec 12, 2003.

1. steeze

steeze Junior Member

Hey about to do an auto to manual conversion on a 95 civic dx, i wanted to know if the OEM manual tranny mounts will work with the automatic chas. I believe i read somewhere that you have to get ones from place motorsports. But why, if i have the manual tranny mount from honda wouldnt that work also?

2. RazorRamon

RazorRamon Member

Actually, the passenger side bracket for the mount is place further back in the automatic. But I think place racing makes the mount for this swap. I recently did an auto to manual swap on my 95 dx, and it wasnt as hard as people said it would be. Good luck.

3. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

what did you use?

4. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

i just used mounts from a manual civic. don't forget to get new bolts for the front mount because they need to be about an inch longer. you will need three, if i remember right.

5. RazorRamon

RazorRamon Member

I went ahead and swapped in a H22 so I had to cut off the bracket anyway.

6. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

cool,thanks jeffsciv,I'll probably bug ya w/a few pm's when I get going on mine,if thats ok?

BTW:did you get a gas pedal or just the clutch and brake?are gas and brake pedals attached?

7. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

that's fine with me
    the gas and brake were attatched together but it would have been a bitch to replace both so i just took the brake pedal off of the manual assembly and then took off the auto brake and replaced it. a hell of alot easier then doing both, took about 10 minutes.
    the one thing that i didn't even think of before starting the swap was that the starters are differant for auto's and manual's, and again the starter bolt is longer too.
    good luck and take you time, it's not hard at all.

8. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted