Auto to Manual swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EKGSR

I have an 03 accord 4cyl with an auto and trany is starting togo. I was thinking about putting in a manual. I found a site that sells wrecked cars, looks like it'll be around a grand for the car. has anybody done this? What all needs to be swapped over? if i was todo it, it would have to be factory in appearance.

With the newer cars like the 03, that hardest part is often the ecu to key to tumbler immobilizer security stuff. As you will need the ecu from the donor car, you'll also need to match it's security stuff. So, if you can, get the key with it and plan on changing all your locks out (if you want 1 key for doors and ignition still) along with the ignition tumbler. If you can't get the key with it, it might not be advisable to try it. I don't know a ton about this stuff, but it would be the one area to focus research on in more detail.

so, you'll need the tranny, mount for it, ecu, shift linkage and shifter, pedal set, interior trim pieces, optionally the cluster (gets rid of park/etc) and remove or bypass the auto tranny cooler that your car likely has on it that won't be needed in manual land.

Back