auto to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2drunk

i cannot take it anymore. i got a great deal on my '94 ex, but auto. i am keeping the d16 for around a year and have to have a five speed. correct me if i'm wrong or missing something. flywheel, tranny, new clutch, clutch resevoir, lines, brake and clutch pedal, ecm, instrument cluster, interior center console and i might as well throw a short shifter in while i'm there. anyone have experience with this and is it reliable? i'm getting ready to park it for tranny conversion and t3 turbo conversion at the same time. i want a little more performance for around a year until i drop in the project engine. good idea?

Clutch master cylinder as well...

You dont need a new center console, just go to honda and buy a shift boot from them it will come with a little metal ring at the bottom that has two loops for screws those screw directly into the bottom of your existing Center console. You dont need the gauge cluster either, but I can see why you want it... I opted for it. Yes it will plug and play directly into the existing harness for your present gauge cluster. Although as you may have already figured out there be an extra plug (I believe), that plug will be for hte PRND21 light up thing.

Make sure the tranny you get is for the same year as your car.

Get HARD LINES either from honda or a donor car in a junk yard. Do not get soft lines. Reliability factor.

With the flywheel you'll need the actual flywheel bolts... so buy those from honda... just order em as if your car was already a manual.

Hope this all helps.

Please dont qoute me on anything, as Ive only done Auto-Manuals for DA's and EF's. Which are cable clutch cars, not hydro as you are. Check my sig...

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@May 6 2004, 12:54 PM
you forgot shift linkage. but yes a GREAT idea.

I totally over looked that... yea, just get em from a donor car.. shouldnt be more than $50. The entire auto-manual shouldnt cost you over 500. With clutch about 800 if you get a good one. Which you should while its all apart, common sense, ties in with the short throw as you mentioned.

Back