Auto To Manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have been looking at a 97 civic coupe at the dealership i work at, and it has a blown motor so i am going to do a b18b swap into it and build it as an lsvtec... the problem is that the car is an automatic and the transmission on the swap is a manual. i was wanting to do change the car to a manual anyway, but have no clue how to do it.... do i just switch the shifters, linkage, pedals and the ecu? could i use integra pedals? any help is appreciated. Also, i am getting the engine from a 1996 integra, i'll have the whole car as parts. is there anything else i can use?

Last edited:
you cant use the integra pedals you need some civic pedals to go with the swap,as you said remove the auto shifter and cable to tranny then you have to take off the auto plate right in front of the shifter or else the linkage with not hook up right you need to do some wiring on the plugs that go to the auto shifter in order to be able to turn on the car and remove the kay off the steering wheel,you need to use the axles from the integra ,its really not hard at all,as for the left over parts from the car you could use some parts also on the manual swap there's a hole where the clutch master goes,its plugged you need to unplug it and locate the master cilinder for the clutch right there,route the hidraulic hosing out to the trans and u got it.

i just found a pedal set on ebay (i know i know), but they said that it would fit any 94-01 integra or 92-00 civic.... just wondering if i could use my pedals from the integra or not. I know it was said before that i couldn't, but if i can, that would be swell. Also, can i use my master cylinder and reservoir from the integra? what about hte hydraulic lines? if i can then i would have a very limited number of things i would need to buy...

Back