AUTO vs. 5 SPD ECU's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Alright, I've been on the prowl for a p08 ECU for my d15b that I am throwing in the hatch until the GSR motor is done. I found a rippin deal on a auto ecu and I know it is easy to convert to 5 speed by removing a resistor, but my question is this.... Is there a difference in the fuel maps, or better yet the red line and rev limiter being an auto vs. a 5 speed? I need to know so I can buy this ECU since I have been looking for weeks and finally found one that is NOT chipped. Thnanks guys as always

matt

i can't tell you for sure, but I don't think they're different like that.

I think only the JDM/EDM ecus have different maps, and they still aren't a huge difference.

If anything, get it if it's cheap. Convert it and see what happens. It's only temporary so you shouldn't have a problem.

i also have no hard proof, but i do believe the auto ecu's will have a lower rev limit, but i do not know what happens to that limiter when you preform the conversion...

also have no proof, but i don't think they will be any different.

I am just worried about the rev limit being way different like 6200 compare to 7800 or something. someone has to know, if not, I guess i will find out.

matt

my brothers using an auto p28 ecu with the resistor removed. im not sure about the fuel and timing (i dont see why they would be different) but the revlimiter is the same.

Back