auto x ruling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I have a question about internals (pistons) regarding street prepared cars.

Little background, Since I have a sol (2seats) I can not be in STS or Street Mod instead I have to be in DSP and Streed mod 2. I relized that a swap would put me against supercharged porsches, a 500 hp V8 focus, and alot of other insanely fast cars. Since I have suspension already I am thinking about just moding my car to the limit of DSP.

Now here is my question, acording to 14.10.o

"Cylinders may be rebored to .0472 in. over standard bore and the appropriate standard oversize piston may be substituted. Cast or forged, non-stock pistons of the same dimensions and configuration as original equipment pistons may be used. Additionally the replacement pistons must be of the same weight or greater as the original equipment pistons"

and the definition of standard to the scca...

"12.4 Standard Part
An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Dealer-installed options or deletions, except as required by factory directives, no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. This definition does not allow the updating or backdating of parts."

The civic GX (a natural gas powered car offered only as fleet veicles on 6th and 7th gen civics) pistons fit in my engine and would give me 12.5 compression. Now would this violate this?

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jul 21 2003, 06:46 PM
natural gas, as in propane??... would those even work in terms of funtion, and heat, and stuff and such, in a gasoline engine?

they have natural gas cars and for less then 5k you can convert any car to that then get a tax right off, but that is not the question. the pistons will fit in there, I just need to know if they are legal.

sounds like it to me

alright, just answered my own question using the offical scca site vs the non offical online rule book and the answer is no. The only mods that I am allowed to do to stay in DSP is role bar (not going to do that) removal of ac (possibly ps), header, and igntion. Now the question is D-Prepared still around. I know that they made some new class changes and I have heard that they may have canned this class. Also do they allow engines swaps in that class?

from what i know, D prepared is still alive and pretty popular. i dont think swaps are allowed.

argg Fuck. I should have just started out with a Del Sol VTEC. Then I would have my "Swap" but still be in DSP with some power.

The rules of SCCA are so :ghey: and make hondas have no chance when mods are added. There is no inbetween class for your slightly internally modded cars. There should be D-class street mod 2, instead there is only street mod 2 which means all your 2 seater sports cars (corvettes, porsches, ect) are running against CRX's and Sols. Even a fully modded NA sol with a b18c5 has little chance with even a slightly internally modded corvette.

oh and just for the record, this rule book Sucks online non offical rulebook

:p yep, thats why i am just doing NASA DE events now, build a car for honda challenge or IT later. ya, del sol vtec rocks, hehe.. too damn slow at 4500ft tho.. :)

Back