Automatic ECU on 5spd car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Grifter

Well I have been having problems with my B18C1 swap into my EK for 3 months now.. the Vtec solonid throws codes, O2 heat sensor and electronic load detector. I have replaced the O2, Replaced the Vtec solonoid and rewired everything multiple times, still the same flipping codes...

Yesterday someone that was helping me out noticed that the ECU is a p72 but says AT on this side... its not a manual 5spd ECU....

Would this make a difference, Would this cause my car to behave differently. The car currently doesn't idle properly cold, but gets better as the engine is run. The 02 sensor isnt a big deal but I would like to see the check engine light go out.

yeah being that the ecu is an auto it will mess you up, it will cause your vtec sil. to lock up i take it that is why you replaced it. is your p72 obd2a? i have learned the hard way that obd1 ecus are the best to you if you want i have a p28 obd1 socketed for a chip for sale all you need to get is a obd2a-obd1 convertor wiring harness and you should be good i know it works on your car with the right chip hell i might even have the chip you need pm me if you are interested have a good one

cool well I am going to try and return this ECU tonight and see what I can get out of a new one...

my engine is odb 1 my wiring harness is ODB2 (modified) and my ecu is odb1 with an adapter :)

Back