Automatic LS/Vtec, is it possible????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jayp

I know a manual transmission, is the best way to go about it, but I wanted to know if this would work for a daily driver? I was thinking about, using an LS Automatic Transmission, and a first generation B16a automatic ecu. How would I even go about wiring this up? Would this ecu work? Thanx.

dude, wanna buy my auto b16 trans? there are solenoids on the tranny that wire up to the vtec solenoid. so my b16 trans is made for vtec. pm if you are interested in buying it. i woul be willing to sell it to you for 200-250 shipped.

you would want to use a JDM B16, or if you can find one B18c auto tranny ( yes the JDM GSR had a auto available) trans, and ecu that would be the best way to go, you could use a LS tranny but it wouldn't really suite be worth it since its not meant to be coupled with a Vtec engine

there is an auto tranny in ls tegs. that would work for you.

Originally posted by fook@Jul 14 2003, 10:57 PM
there is an auto tranny in ls tegs. that would work for you.

why why why why why.

if your gonna build the ultimate street setup, why ruin it with auto transmission? get a automatic b18b or somthing.

It's more of a daily driver, than a street car or race car, traffic in Houston,Tx sucks!!! I spend alotta time in it. I just want a nice hatch that is automatic and air conditioning to cruz in and belive me, I've got something allot nicer for the track! :D.

if its a daily driver, and you deal with traffic, why build a "sports" car?

IMO, you're wasting your time and money.

buy a $1000 daily driver/beater
and then do a swap in the honda.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 17 2003, 02:52 AM
if its a daily driver, and you deal with traffic, why build a "sports" car?

IMO, you're wasting your time and money.

buy a $1000 daily driver/beater
and then do a swap in the honda.

:withstupid: :werd: i live in san francisco and i use my car as a daily driven. im pretty sure that traffic over here in the bay area is worse than in texas so if i can deal with it, and with no AC, im pretty sure you can. Whats the point of having a fast car if its an automatic? you like getting compliments like "wow, you sure can step on that gas pedal pretty qucik and shift out of park into drive fast"

Originally posted by jayp@Jul 16 2003, 03:17 PM
It's more of a daily driver, than a street car or race car, traffic in Houston,Tx sucks!!! I spend alotta time in it. I just want a nice hatch that is automatic and air conditioning to cruz in and belive me, I've got something allot nicer for the track! :D.

I play in rush hour on I-10 and 610 all the time with a crazy clutch and a nicely tuned manual car. Learn to drive stick well, and stop/go traffic will be a cinch.

5speed and traffic is normal driving, auto blows learn to drive.

Don't bother with an automatic setup, your taking two steps forward and then one back.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 17 2003, 08:11 AM
5speed and traffic is normal driving, auto blows learn to drive.

Don't bother with an automatic setup, your taking two steps forward and then one back.

Milan

i think in this situation it's actually 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

Back