automatic to manual conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sup I just need to know how the procedure goes with me wiring up the reverse light switch and the safety neuatral switch also I heard that theres also a switch that locks the key in the ignition I dont the exact name of it but if anyone knows anything bout the electrical portion of this swap I can really use any usefull information thanxs

Its not that bad man, If i am not mistaken it is the same wiring that I did for my 95 civic automatic to manual conversion. basically all the wires you will need come right to the automatic shifter assembly. Its the big harness that connects the front of the shifter assembly. if you look on the side of the shifter assembly you will see 2 wires in the middle right by the R (reverse), run these two wires to the reverse switch mounted on your tranny. This will light up the reverse lights when you shift into reverse. The next thing you have to do is short the 2 bigger wires on that harness plug, I am not sure of the colors they would be for your car but find out before you start shorting wires. I know on my harness plug it was the 2 thicker wires located on the left side of the plug. When you short these wires it will disable the "key lock". Now you will be able to start your car. The last thing you have to do is run the wires from the top of your clutch pedal to your ecu (must be a ecu for a manual transmission). search and you will find the pinouts on the ecu that needs to be connected to the clutch switch. This will only allow your car to start when the clutch is pressed down. VERY IMPORTANT!! :)

Back