autometer 5""tach green wire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95sir

where does thre green wire go on the b16a motors.. I need details please...

It can go to two places. You can do the following...

Plan A

1. Open up your distributor and remove the rotor and dust cover.
2. On your coil, if you look carefully, there are going to be two terminals, one that reads (-) Negative and (+) Positive.
3. Unscrew the wire thats on the negative terminal and add the Green Tach wire along with the existing wire thats already there.
4. Screw it all back together, dust cover, rotor, and cap, start that mofo up and you have yourself a RPM reading. Simple as that.

Plan B

1. If you have helms manual for your model engine, look up the stock TACH wire on your harness and splice it in. But both methods work the same and Plan A is easier.

on my car, the splice into the harness did not work. and it's recommended/easier to use the - terminal on the coil.

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 2 2003, 10:21 AM
on my car, the splice into the harness did not work. and it's recommended/easier to use the - terminal on the coil.

Yeah i feel the coil terminal is easier too, but i have done it the other way.

Get a volt meter and test different terminals on the back of the factory insturment cluster. I believe it is a blue/white wire on the right plug looking at the back of the cluster.

When you rev the engine the voltage is negative, I think!!! Just look for one that varies when the car is reved. By the way you don't have to have a factory tach for this signal.

Originally posted by DTEC@Nov 2 2003, 10:57 AM
blue wire at distributor

THIS GUY IS RIGHT i JUST DID THAT TWO DAYS AGO

Back