Autometer Gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ravenous

Anybody know how to install AutoMeter oil pressure and water temperature gauge on an integra engine...I have a Civic with a B18C1.

Yeah, they came with instructions, but they are not very specific. I'm not sure where to install the sending units for the gauges....I have the electric gauges, but I still need to install the water temp and oil pressure sending units to the engine...

The instructions are vague because these gauges are made to work in any car. You will have to find a place to install a T fitting and run a high pressure line from your block to the oil pressure sending unit. For the water temp, you will have to find a place to drill into a coolant passage to install the thermostat.

Originally posted by Ravenous@Apr 28 2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, they came with instructions, but they are not very specific. I'm not sure where to install the sending units for the gauges....I have the electric gauges, but I still need to install the water temp and oil pressure sending units to the engine...

fuck me. im installing my guages in a few weeks too.

i was counting on specific instructions in the box.....

now what?

I wasn't expecting specific instructions in the box, that's why I thought I'd post about it. I don't have a Helms manual for my engine and I need to know where the oil sending unit is and where the best place would be to drill for the water temp. So if you were looking for car specific insturctions you are fucked.

I am assuming that you are not running an LSVTEC or B20 VTEC. Here is what you can do for the oil pressure: buy a 1/8 NTP T and remove the oil pressure sending unit that the ECU currently uses. Thread the T into that spot. Thread the car's send unit and your new sending unit into the other two spots on the T. wire it up. This will work, but it would be more safe to run some braided line from the back of the block to the firewall and hook the T up to the braided line, then attach the sending units to the T and use a ziptie or equivalent to hold the T to the fire wall.

I don't know about your specific engine, but on a B18C1 you can drill a hole in the coolant exhaust nipple (for lack of a better word, this peice is held to the head by 2 10mm head bolts on the B18C1) just upstream from where the upper radiator hose attaches. Tap that hole for the temp. sending unit and run it there.

Back