Autometer Oil pressure Gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I am looking to get an autometer oil pressure gauge and i am not too sure if i want the electric or mechanical version. I figured electrical cuz it seems easier to hook up. But i am not too sure with a mechanical version if you are actually bringing oil into the cabin where the guage is. Also anyone know of a website that sells autometer at good prices, the best i have found has been summit. Thanks for any help!

nfn15037
post Yesterday, 06:19 PM
"100 PSI is fine, even with an oil cooler and no thermostat (on the oil lines) I never see more than 80-90 PSI on cold oil @ 3k RPMs or so. I would go with mechanical gauges and an isolator. It is pretty much a diaphram that has the hot oil on one side and a harmless fliud like antifreeze on the other side, so no hot fluids come into the cabin. FWIW mechanical gauges are more accurate but more difficult to install. Fuel pressure is OK, but if you just want to spend a little bit of money, pick up the oil pressure for now then add water temp and oil temp later, get the fuel pressure if you really think it necessary down the road" ...end quote

thanks! Where would one find this type of isolator?....does it have a specific type of name?

????? still looking myself?????

Originally posted by formby@Mar 26 2005, 12:33 AM
for oil?
[post=478848]Quoted post[/post]​

there is a guy on ebay selling autometer kits but they dont include the SS lines...i think $29.94 shipped :thumbsup:

Back