AVID Racing cable to hydo conversion help please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowRider

OK. I am pulling my hair out. I am putting the cable transmission into the car now. and I cant figure out how this thing works. It is the avid racing conversion set. All it is, is 4 bolts 4 nuts a mount a bracket and a heavy peice of metal (small square) with a hole in it. I dont know what I am supposed to do with it. Can someone help me with this. Also the front transmission mount. Looks like a paddle with 3 holes in it. Where does that go on the cable tranny doesnt seem to have a spot for that mount. Do I not need one there. Please =help me I am past frustration.

you're using a cable trans???

and a cable to hydro conversion?

whats the year of the trans and the year of the car?

you do realize cable to hydro conversions are used for putting a hydro trans in a cable clutch operated car?

B-Series Cable transmission
Conversion kit (AC.MM.005)
Installation Instructions

Applications:

For installation of B series cable transmissions into 92-00 Honda Civic/94-01 Acura Integra

Required mount and hardware:
· Side transmission mount

· Side transmission adapter plate(only for 96-00 Civic)

· Slave cylinder adapter arm with cap

· Slave cylinder adapter bracket

· All necessary nuts and bolts

Step #1: Swap procedures for mount

· Remove the hood and stock motor along with all motor mounts

· Install the rear mount bracket onto the engine/transmission assembly

*** For 1996-2000 Honda Civic, mount side transmission adapter plate(supplied) to frame

· Install the supplied side transmission mount onto the transmission and install it onto the mount bracket

· Drop the motor/transmission assembly into the engine bay and tighten all the nuts and bolts

Step#2: Swap procedures for
slave cylinder adaptor

· Remove the counter weight on the inside of the transmission lever

· Install the slave cylinder adapter(supplied) onto the release arm with the supplied hardware

· Install the adaptor bracket on the transmission

· Install the transmission slave cylinder onto the adaptor bracket

· Bleed the transmission slave cylinder as needed

http://www.avidracing.com/old/acmm005h.htm

google ownz you

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 4 2005, 05:12 PM
If you have any technical questions or installation difficulties, please contact our toll

Free number (866)507-AVID or email us at info@avidracing.com.
[post=482776]Quoted post[/post]​

I did read thoose dorections before posting but I dont understand them. Also I called them and the guy knew less than I did. :( Also very little english.

call again and ask for someone else?

if it were me i would sit there with the pieces and try to figure out where they would have to be in order for the clutch to operate properly...

i dont noe if it is the same parts or not but i did the same conversion..here a 2 pictures that might help you..the square middle piece goes under the leaver so the slave cylinder ball thingy goes rides inside the little hole they made for it.

wNzMzOTA4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNzMzOTA5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Back