avid shift linkege to short???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

it it possable for avid linkege to be to short? i put the b16a in my 89 hatch and im not getting it into 2nd,4th or reverse... im thinking its because its to short to push it into gears, as there the 3 gears it has to push to get into gear? the other reason for my thinking is im using ebay mounts that sit the engine/tranny forward alot more than other mounts like hasport, so is this possable? ive got it into 2nd and 4th a few times but its really hard but most of the time it just grinds..and btw its a b16 lsd cable tranny

Should have used avid mounts with the avid shift linkage.. Hasport/hasport.. etc.. Mixing and matching will bring on problems like this.. Also, ebay mounts are known to mis-place the engine and cause axle problems.. Some of them, anyway.

But... Its too late for that kind of advise. What type of shifter are you using? Aftermarket? Stock?

Also, get under the car (safely supported, of course) and make sure the linkages aren't binding, rubbing on the body, exhaust, or each other... Have someone shift through the gears with the clutch pedal depressed and watch for any contact with anything.

i think its a stock shifter but im not sure i baught the car with a blown d16, but its not hitting anything, its close but not hitting.. just wont go into the lower gears, it feels like it goes in but just grinds.. im hoping its not the tranny

Back