AWD 1991 Civic Hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fast4u1991civic

Ok here is my dream. I know this has been done to a integra, now its my turn to do this to a civic hatchback. Would it be possible for me to take the rear driveline out of a 4WD 1991 civic wagon and put it into a 1991 hatchback and then take a B20Z out of a 2001 crv with trany and have a custom drive shaft made to connect to the rear differential. I have more than enough funds to have parts fabricated and purchase all equipment. I just want a second opinion. CAN IT BE DONE

OMGHI2U.

ANYTHING CAN BE DONE WITH ENOUGH MONEY AND TIME. Why dont you just duplicated what Honda Tuning did? And you dont know what Im talking about... subscribe to HT.

Can't do that. The CRV tranny only sends up to 10% power to the rear wheels only when the front wheels are slipping. You'd have better luck if you used an s2000 engine/tranny combo, or some other FR engine. You will need a tranny desigend for RWD.

i think it'd be equally as cool to have a monster RWD hatchback. you oughta swap a force-fed s2k motor in it. just my opinion

its already done to a crx! should be about the same as the hatch

ill find the link. turbo gsr awd civic...

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jan 23 2005, 12:39 PM
Can't do that. The CRV tranny only sends up to 10% power to the rear wheels only when the front wheels are slipping. You'd have better luck if you used an s2000 engine/tranny combo, or some other FR engine. You will need a tranny desigend for RWD.
[post=450029]Quoted post[/post]​

read honda tuning, then tell him it cant be done.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Jan 23 2005, 03:18 PM-->
@Jan 23 2005, 12:39 PM
[post=450029]Quoted post[/post]​

read honda tuning, then tell him it cant be done.
[post=450118]Quoted post[/post]​

EXACTLY...

if you want to make it RWD or AWD you should put it on a frame or tube chassis. It makes it a lot easier.

ford ranger frame
+
Civic body
+
460 from ford racing with 625hp/600ft lbs torque
+
supercharger
=
tire shredding 9 second civic hybrid.....
and it'll only cost you about 15 grand....

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Jan 23 2005, 07:56 PM
if you want to make it RWD or AWD you should put it on a frame or tube chassis. It makes it a lot easier.

ford ranger frame
+
Civic body
+
460 from ford racing with 625hp/600ft lbs torque
+
supercharger
=
tire shredding 9 second civic hybrid.....
and it'll only cost you about 15 grand....
[post=450252]Quoted post[/post]​

A ford frame with a civic body? thats like a monkey fucking a football.

would would you use a pos ford motor?

get a man motor 502 chevy big block 502hp 567 trq and my cost 1600 bucks plus tax only 5 weeks left till it sitting in my garage

Well I am buying the wagon rear end tommrow and getting a striped hatch frame also, I will be building up the block for turbo, sleeves, built head, etc. I already have the motor and tranny and will me sending the tranny off to a tranny shop to see waht they can do about the power transfer and to see if the internals can be built up. I will start the project in about a month. and will be including a step by step howto along with a dvd. If anyone has any input that would help please let me know. Thanks for all the great comments. :D

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 23 2005, 09:12 PM
would would you use a pos ford motor?

get a man motor 502 chevy big block 502hp 567 trq and my cost 1600 bucks plus tax only 5 weeks left till it sitting in my garage
[post=450291]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF you got your 502 for that much? Damn i need one for my '71 truck. i would spend almost that much just building my 350 for only like 400 hp

A ford frame with a civic body? thats like a monkey fucking a football.

bahahahahaha

Well I am buying the wagon rear end tommrow and getting a striped hatch frame also, I will be building up the block for turbo, sleeves, built head, etc. I already have the motor and tranny and will me sending the tranny off to a tranny shop to see waht they can do about the power transfer and to see if the internals can be built up. I will start the project in about a month. and will be including a step by step howto along with a dvd. If anyone has any input that would help please let me know. Thanks for all the great comments.

where do you work? what do you do? and how much do you make?
i would guess an exec to have the kind of funds for this, but then i don't think you'd be dumb enough to throw the money away
sounds like one hell of a project though
keep us updated

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 25 2005, 02:36 PM
where do you work? what do you do? and how much do you make?
i would guess an exec to have the kind of funds for this, but then i don't think you'd be dumb enough to throw the money away
sounds like one hell of a project though
keep us updated
[post=451185]Quoted post[/post]​

I work on the electronic aviation controls on boieng air planes. I make a 6 figure income. This has been a dream of mine since I have owned the hatch. for 4 years now I have been dreaming this up.

Back