Awwwwwwww dude...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would like to see how you would respond if you spent the time pulling out the mother board of an XBOX, desoldering the debug chip holds, soldering in the new chips, soldering the wires to the back of the motherboard (that part is a bitch), flashing the BIOS and then you go to open up the HD box and you get fucking OWNED by SATA

it made me want to punch kittens

its microsoft. you expect it to use todays technology? come on man..

I would like to see how you would respond if you spent the time pulling out the mother board of an XBOX, desoldering the debug chip holds, soldering in the new chips, soldering the wires to the back of the motherboard (that part is a bitch), flashing the BIOS and then you go to open up the HD box and you get fucking OWNED by SATA

All you would have to do is buy a $10 SATA to PATA adapter.

I *ABSOLUTELY HATE* doing surface mount solder work by hand.

I *ABSOLUTELY HATE* doing surface mount solder work by hand.

it's not so bad until you solder in the wires for the LCD display, the wires are tiny and the clearance between the points is nont fucking existant. I learned how to solder on circuit boards so I'm used to it but fucking A man, those wires usually take about 20 min of dedicated work and there is only three of them

it's not so bad until you solder in the wires for the LCD display, the wires are tiny and the clearance between the points is nont fucking existant. I learned how to solder on circuit boards so I'm used to it but fucking A man, those wires usually take about 20 min of dedicated work and there is only three of them

I learned my surface mount work modding consoles. At first it was easy, but when the eight-billionth revision comes about that requires you to solder to a pin IN THE MIDDLE of a surface mount chip, colorful metaphors fly.

Back