axle boot?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RS1

aite, i just recently bought a 94-00 integra axle, one of them has a torn boot, but i heard you can simply replace, where do i go to replace them? and how much am i looking at, thanks

i heard the boot can easily be fixed by a boot repair kit? im talking about the plasitc part at the end of the axle? its going to be expensive? and hard to replace?

Go hit up a parts store and ask, then go to AutoZone and ask how much a new axle is after core deposit. I always get a new axle.

I did a innner boot replacement on a 94 teg driveshaft, and it wasn't that bad. I got the bootkit from Napa for $20 Canadian. You have to take the driveshaft apart which is not hard, just a couple of clips and it comes apart. The grease is a little messy too. However the driveshaft I did was brand new and I wasn't about to buy a new one for $100 because of a ripped boot. So if you're in the same situation just replace the boot. BTW the Acura delearship told me to go to NAPA cuz thats where they get their boot kits from.

I trash em out all the turning the tires while the wheels are spinning on dirt,I've replaced the boot twice and will never again......much easier to find a used axel in OK condition and if no used a new one is olny like $35 after the core refund......get a used one and sell your old core to the parts store for plugs,filters....other stuff you need/want and you can even come out ahead sometimes.

Back