Axle Clicking Problems, For The 3rd Time....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sol2nr

i swapped a jdm b16a engine into my 93 sol si last august, but i've had passenger axle problems ever since. Initially, only 2days after the swap, the passenger axle popped out. They towed the car in for free, and replaced the axle saying it was the wrong one- a little too short. The new axle they put in worked just fine, for about 3 months & then started clicking worse and worse, until i brought it to the place and they replaced that one, free of charge b/c the axle was under warantee, saying it was defective. NOW, 6 months later, i have heard the clicking for about 2 months, and need to replace the axle again. I am almost positive the shop used all my existing mounts, if that helps any way. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS? What is the exact axle i should use for this swap? Should I go out and buy axles made specifically for a jdm b16a del sol swap, like driveshaft.com ones? I will be getting hondata s200b & running a 50shot of nitrous shortly, along with a JRSC by May 04......how many of you 200-300hp guys still use stock honda axles, or are aftermarket ones better for my application?

People have mentioned my mounts might be causing too much vibration or play upon hard acceleration. Others have suggested that maybe my new engine was installed too far to the driver's side possibly b/c the stock USDM mounts are made for left-drive vehicles....????? any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for any input.

-Rob

any axles from the bseries 94-01 should work. if you bought reman axles you need to switch companys that are remaining teh axle. stck axle should be able to hold up to 80 shot of NOS with slicks. the configuration of LH and RH driver has nothing to do the axle.

any suggestions as to why this might be happening. like you kinda implied and i sorta suspected, it could just be real shitty remans they keep giving me. i don't know where they got them from. where can i get good remans from?

go talk to raxels.com
tell them what is happeneing, tell them you want them to fix it :)

nice place, raxels.com. can't believe no one has ever suggested it to me. thanks.

any other input greatly appreciated!

-rob

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@May 23 2003, 05:06 PM
i have raxels and they rock. i went through 2 pairs of autozones and they sucked . RAXELS

Note the sig,Mardi is a right on guy,and since I put mine in,no problems what so ever.

Back