1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axle Clicking-Replaced Axle Still Clicking

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Bl6CRX, May 30, 2004.

1. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Alright, this one got me, my axle was clicking when i make a right turn like a cv joint is going out, SO i replaced the passanger side axle and it was still clicking, So i was like WTF, axle shop didn't replace the bearings on this remanufactured one, so I took it back and exchanged it, put the second one on and it still clicks, anyone have any idea about this, maybe a wheel bearing or ball joint? but it only does it when i make right turns...

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

it the othe cv joint

3. MrX

MrX Junior Member

If it's clicking while ur making a right turn, it's most likely your Driver Side Axle.

Mine was doing the same in my Civic, and it was the Driver side axle.

Also I don't know where you live, or what auto-parts stores you have out there...

But If you have an O'Reileys Auto Parts store, get their axle's, Lifetime Warranty, and they work just as good as OEM.

4. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

:doh: yeah thats got to be it, it makes perfect since when considering the differential and power distribution, it sounded like the passanger side, but i think i just thought so cause i replaced the drivers side not to long ago and the passanger side one was the one that came with my motor and has been in for over three years, damn i got rid of a champ of an axle...

5. arpee79

arpee79 Senior Member

I jsut recently started with the same problem but I replaced the passenger side axle and had the driver side axle rebuilt.My noise sounds like a bad axle but how,and it only does this noise when I take off and come to a stop. It wont clack or make any noise when turning. Can this be a bad wheel bearing ???. :blink:

6. arpee79

arpee79 Senior Member

cAN AnyoNe Heelp Me WiTh ThIs ????. TY

7. cws13

cws13 Senior Member

Not usually but I did have that noise come from a wheel bearing one time. But only once.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted