Axle help ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

Ok so Im all excited getting ready to put my new clutch and flywheel in and i start taking my integ apart. Start on the left side, disconnected all the shit on the left, then disconnect my axle from the brake. Then i go to pull my axle, or halfshaft or whatever out and the fucker wont come out for anything. I tried prying it off and just hammerin the piss out of it and it wont budge at all. So please gimme some tips or something to get this damn axle out. THANKS!

got a screw dirver? or prybar, insert the tip on the side of hte axlewhere it goes into the tranny or intermediate shaft and pry it, there is a clip ring that holds the CV in. Should be that easy, ir was for me at least.

I've had the same problem before. I broke a good amount of screw drivers, but a good strong pry bar should do the trick. If your not worried about destroying the axle just have two pull on the axle until it comes out. Thats how I had to get my drivers side axle out. :D

do yourself a favor and go buy a prybar. a screwdriver puts more stress on the transmission.

yeah well i quit for the night. I was holding a pipe up agains it and hitting it with a hammer trying to knock it loose but it wouldnt budge. I will try again tomorrow. Its out about 1.5 inches but wont move after that. Gimme update tomorrow. Thanks for your replies, keep em comin :)

Are you talking about pulling the axle out of the intermediate shaft? A prybar worked for me, if you already have it out 1.5 inches, it should just slide right out. Try taking out the axle and intermediate shaft as a whole. the intermediate shaft should slide right out, as there are no snap rings holding in, you just have to take out the 2 or 3 bolts holding it to the block.

i just replaced my axle like 2 days ago.. iunno if this is the 'right' way to do it, but it was fucked up neways so i didnt care if i ruined it, so i just pulled as hard as i could while my dad got underneath the thing and tried to pry it out.. took a few tries but it popped out soon enough.... good luck bro

dude ive been trying to get this mother fucker out for days. Ok me and my friend thats helpin me cant get it. The axle is stuck in the intermedieat sharft i guess or the trans axle.. but its that part that cant come out of the transmisison cause its alsways there or somethin. well its that part.. wont come out.. well lemme give you and update cause were drunk and no more working on it tonight.. update tomorrow.... THANK YOU, to the gods of hs. !!!!!

if this doesn't do it i don't know what will... this same problem happened to me stubborn halfshafts not wanting to come out of their hole. do you want to know what i did? i used a gear puller!!! i'm not sure if that is the technical term for the tool but thats what i call it and what i was told it was. i would draw a diagram of one but i don't know if i can attach a image to this post. any way let me know.

Back