Axle pop out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OGMatt

Not a real OG lol
Brad and I are swapping out springs on the crx and the drivers side long shaft came apart inside the boot. Brads dad brought down an axle but since it came apart inside the boot it keeps on spinning. It came apart on the transmission side.

Ok we got that but now we can't move the hub out because the steering arm bolt keeps on spinning.

Sometimes smacking it with a hammer(upwards against the bolt) helps. Or maybe get the balljoint fork in there to try to pinch the bolt so it it doesn't move and then you can try to loosen the nut. Happen to me acouple times. Pain in the ass

The 'part' that keeps spinning, You mean the hole for the tie-rod end?
Sleeper has it right. You need to keep pressure from the bottom of the tie-rod upwards so it locks in hard enough to let you loosen the castle-nut that holds it on.
OR, you can use a shot of paint on the other end of the tie-rod, loosen that end and keep turning until it comes out. Then when You have it all fixed, you can screw it back to the paint mark on the threads.

It can be a real pain, but unscrewing it can save tons of time. You just HAVE TO get it back to where it was or it will be alignment time.
And another thing. Ya gotta understand that peeps are still dealing with Christmas and such, We won't leave you hanging too long.

E

Sorry for my post up above I was just really pissed when I got it done. Blood, sweat, and " tears"

Believe ME, we've all been there or are heading there soon. No sweat..

Did you get it fixed?

E

Ya I got it off everything is fixed now and all good. Just need an alinement that I can do myself at my work :)

Back