Axle question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ight so I just finished my swap (really this time [well kinda]), Anyway I couldn't get the passenger side axle in without removing the snap ring (lockring). It just won't go in with it, Am I missing something, is there a trick to it. I really dont like the fact that it pops out EVERY time I take a sharper turn. BTW it was a new axle with a new snapring.

You don't have to bump after just an hour, someone will get to it. There is no trick, it's called putting some ass into it.The passengerside is kind of a pain in hte ass, but you just gotta slam it in there.

thanks, i had to be puttin like 200 lbs of force on it but it just doesn't wanna budge, I'll try again later.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Nov 27 2003, 05:14 PM
well make it 400lb then puss nuts

:lol:

ya, i ended up using the wooden handle of a rubber mallet and a nail hammer to bang mine in.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 27 2003, 08:17 AM
thanks, i had to be puttin like 200 lbs of force on it but it just doesn't wanna budge, I'll try again later.

give it a little more ump to it... using the malet "rubber, plastic" hammer.

Do NOT hit the joint to get it in.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 28 2003, 10:06 AM
so i should just try to get it in by hand?

put the axel nut on the threaded end, and with a rather large rubber mallet, hold it with one hand and hit the axel hut with the hammer. Pound it while keeping it as straight as possible. Hit it like a man and it will go it.

Just got home with a brand new rubber mallet, I'll let you guys knw how it goes. Even if I do break it, lifetime warranty against any kind of breakage (best stock $75 axle out there).

Back