1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axle size question

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by Korax, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Korax

Korax New Member

I got a remanufactured axle from autozone about a month ago, finally got around to doing it. The passenger/transmission side. I took the old one out and it seems to be about an inch longer than the new one. I thought all of the hatchbacks/CRXs were the same except the STD 3dr/CRX HF? The splines on the new axle are the same to the hub. It's a DX with Si transmission. Did they give me one for a sedan?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

sounds like they gave you the wrong one, take in the old one to compare it, they should have a bunch of honda axles in stock

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

there are only 2 different passenger side axles for the 88-91 Civic/CRX (except for 4wd)

one fits the Civic STD (originally 4-speed) and the CRX HF - it has a collapsed length of 23.75", has 23 splines on the outboard CV joint and 25 splines on the inboard CV joint

the other fits everything else (except 4wd) - it also has a collapsed length of 23.75", has 26 splines on the outboard CV joint and 25 splines on the inboard CV joint

maybe someone put a 92-95 axle in it - it has a collapsed length of 24.50", has 26 splines on the outboard CV joint and 25 splines on the inboard CV joint

4. Korax

Korax New Member

They gave me one for the sedan. It just sucked, already had it out and I had to damage it to do that. There was no putting it back in and taking it back. Tahnks for the info.

5. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

Civic sedan axles are no different from hatch or CRX axles

6. honda333

honda333 New Member

Can you please tell me the length of both shaft and halfshaft of civic95 eg6 with b16a?? Thanks

7. Korax

Korax New Member

Make a new thread in the Hybrid EG section. I don't know the answer but someone will and it'll be easier to get your answer there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted