axle wont stay in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I replaced my axles with some used gator stage 3 axles that are in great shape. After a few days the passenger side axle just popped out while driving normally. I took the axle out and replaced the aluminum clip with a the stainless steel one from the OEM axle. The axle was fine from Sunday until today when it popped out again this morning. What is causing this to happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is in a b16 on my 2000 em1.

I just talked to a local shop and they said that the axle may be just a little too short. If that is the case is there any way to shim it in between the outer housing and the hub, to essentially keep from going out as far when the axle nut is tightened down?

Last edited:
both of the axles are exactly the same in size and length. I just called glenn at gator axles and im waiting for a response back. A few other people said that the joint might be bad and as it rotates it will catch and pull the axle out of the tranny. For right now Im just gonna put the stocker back in there.

Back