B 16a2 In 5 G Civic, Need Wiring Hints For Stockha

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95a2civic

i have all kinds of info on the wiring, i am a general mechanic and ferformed the swap fine, but now its time to wire up, n i wanna b sure of things, i also need to know what to put for upper n lower rad. hoses on it. thanks!!

what do you need to know .... the only question i saw there was the radiator hoses

use the hoses for a del sol VTEC

ok, i am thinking all i have to do being an ex vtec already all i have to do is re pin the connector on the ecu right? do i have to run any wires after i get that done, im numb when it comes to wiring, ive got all the diagrams of the plug and placement of the wires ;)

you need to swap the injector plugs for the OBD-2 ones on the A2 harness
swap the 2 distributor plugs on your harness for the 1 plug on the A2 harness (match the wire locations for the larger plug to the top 7 on e OBD-2 plug and match the 2 wires from the maller plug to the lower 2 wires on the OBD-2 plug {colors match for these 2} )
swap the alternator plug on your harness for the one on the OBD-2 harness or get an OBD-1 GSR alternator (94-95)
you will also need to lengthen a few wires (VTEC shit, O2 sensor, etc...)

or you can say fuck all of this and get the harness for a 96+ del sol VTEC or 96+ GSR or Type R
these harnesses will plug into the plugs at the shock towers and everything will plug into your engine fine (with the GSR harness you will have a few plugs left over... fuck em)

what ECU are you running this with??

um, we alreadt swapped the harness over from my old motor to the new one, every thing plugged right in , no left over wires or ne thing. i thought alls i had to do was pin out the ecu plug now,?? im kinda lost, but all of the colors were the same from plug to plug n harness to harness :huh:

also the computer that came with my motor plugs right in to the stock harness, if that helps any :unsure:

then you dont have a B16A2
you have a B16A SiR-II

your car is OBD-1 the engine is OBD-1

the B16A2 is a USDM engine from the 99-00 civic Si its OBD-2

this is why its a good idea to be accurate with your info.... it compleatly changes the integrity of the answers you recieve

you shouldnt need to re-pin anything

Back