B Motor tranny upgrades

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crossedflags78

I was wondering If there are any aftermarket upgrades for the weaker of the B series transmission such as dual sycros found in Type R trannies and stronger differentials. I have found aftermarket LSD upgrades for everything, but would it improve the strength of the differentials in the LS or SI trannies?

I am curiouse because I see so many sycro problems in the LS and SI trannies as well as the trannies found in the 'A'motor family and the 'D' motors, but I have never really heard of ANY differentials breaking in the LS or Si except for the fact of reading about "weaker differentials" in an article.

What about swapping the guts? If for instance, the tranny in the GSR, LS & ITR have the same stamp (S80 or Y80 in the 94 up years) does that mean the trannys Internals are interchangable? can I call Honda and order the dual sycros for an ITR and put them in an LS tranny?

Any info or experiance that ya'll have would be much highly appreciated.

R

the 1.6 differential is pyshically smaller than it's 1.8 brother,

if you are all motor go with the jdm ITR tranny, you will be happy. If going turbo then go with GSR with Kaaz

Milan

Back