B Series Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disamis

i want to upgrade my camshafts for B16a2 without extra cost or parts(like head-work or valve train) which cams should i use? some people says best cams without extra cost is CTR

that pretty much covers it .... but id still upgrade to the ITR valve springs with the CTR cams

with CTR's i would think you would only need to upgrade the valvetrain if you up your rev limit. if you keep it at your stock 8200 you should be fine on stock. i did the itr spring/retainer upgrade, and it is fairly cheap to do.

after using ctr cams in B16A2(stock rev limit); what are benefits of changing stock pistons with type-R ones?

whats really funny is that if you use USDM ITR pistons in your b16, your compression will actually DROP from 10.2:1 to 9.725:1
JDM ITR pistons in your b16 will yeild 10.194:1, still lower than stock.

However, JDM CTR pistons will bump you up to 10.801:1
and JDM b16 sir2 pistons will give you 10.406:1

so, CTR pistons are probably the best bet for you if you want to stick with OEM honda pistons.
if you bump the bore up to 81.5mm (stanadard honda overbore), you will add compression as well.
for example, 81.5 CTR's will give you 10.903:1 as well as 1607cc displacement.

basically what it all comes down to is, more compression and more displacement = more torque, which = more horsepower

I thought they were talking about cams :huh:

Back