1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b series distributor obd 0 to obd1?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by r6_sivik, Aug 11, 2003.

1. r6_sivik

r6_sivik Junior Member

i bought a b18c1 obd1 it came with an obd 0 distributor can you just re pin the distributor because there are 7 wires on both and the colors all match just that the plugs are differant can it be repinned??

2. HondaMoCo

HondaMoCo Senior Member

i have never actually messed with this, i have always just got the correct distributer for the obd, but i have used an obd 2 distributer on a obd 1 set up and it worked, i also noticed that the wires have remained the same from obd0, obd1, and obd2, i say give it a shot, if it works out, that will be great news for all of us.

3. word

word Senior Member

I've talked to people that converted their distributors from obd2 to obd1 and obd1 to obd2 by hacking up the wires, but a shop told me that obd0 and obd2 distributors (i have an obd2) are not interchangable and won't work even after the re-wiring.

not sure if obd0 and obd1 are interchangable

if a=b and a/=c, then b must /= c but you could give it a try if it doesn't work just wire it back and ebay it. :lol:

4. HondaMoCo

HondaMoCo Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted