b series into eg/ek radiator?!?!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

welfare

Ancient Member
I haven't poster in over a year, so. . .

Ok, Everyone knows that in order to do any b series swap CORRECTLY into an eg/ek chassis, you need a radiator out of the 99-00 civic Si or the Del-sol Vtec.

BUT WHERE DO WE GET THESE THINGS CHEAP????????

SOMEONE HELP!!!!

The problem is that these radiators are not readily available at a decent price, so what are we to do?

The reason this needs to be done is all about a tiny little 1/8th of an inch, on be series engines the radiator hoses are 1and 1/4 inch, but on the d-series, they are 1 1/8h inch, leaving a gap that either is leaky or unstable. Some people have managed to stretch the d -series hoses over the water outlets on the engine, but after a few months the hoses blow because all of the fibers inside were broken during the stretching. I have seen others clamp the hell out of the b-series hoses onto the d-series radiator, this is good until they either leak or blow off.

If you know someone who works at honda you can usually get the radiator you need for about 200 bucks, not bad for an OEM Genuine part, but sometimes this can be above budget for some people.

So you look to aftermarket companies (auto zone, pep boys, advance, etc.), 100 bucks, lifetime warranty, AWESOME (keep reading). . . How many of you have tried this?? You always get the wrong radiator!! WTF, for some reason the aftermarket companies seem to think that the dx/ex/si radiators are all the same, 92-00, so you are right back where you started with the wrong size inlet and outlet holes on the radiator (too small)

Another suggestion is to use the radiator out of an integra, which by all means is a great idea, but requires a little bit of fabricating to mount it. Provides greater cooling and looks better under the hood, but if you don't have this radiator available to you, then you still have to spend almost 200 for the aftermarket version, and if you aren't handy with a torch, grinder, cheisel, welder, etc. then you have to pay someone for that too.

I have done about 10 full out b series swaps into eg civics, and when it all boils down, the radiator is the last thing that gets put in and usually the biggest pain in the ass.

Someone needs to either please post and stick where to get a good aftermarket (oem style) radiator CHEAP for the 99-00 si or the del-sol vtec so that these swaps are made jsut a little bit easier. or a place to get custom hoses that go from 1,1/4 to 1,1/8.

And if you read this far and just don't give a crap. . . Thanks for reading anyway!

Thanks for the education.

Maybe I'll hang onto the GSR radiator for a little while. How hard is it to install into the EK?

its not really that hard if you know your way around a welder, you just have to relocate the 2 lower radiator mounting brackets (after removing the original radiator brackets and condenser brackets) then use self tappers and upper integra radiator mounts to hold it up top.

Well I just bought a Koyo Racing Radiator. It an't cheap but it has OEM fitting (1/2 size) and the correct inlet hose size (32mm I believe). I donno about there non-racing... and as I was typing this, I found there non racing OEM replacement with 32mm inlet hose. Here's the Koyo Part #C1570 (found one on eBay for about $100) see what a little search can do, and that took me less than 5 mins. Just messing with you. (Just incase you want to go with all Aluminum, part number R1570, got mine for $300). Oh here is a eBay link:

eBay Motors: KOYO RADIATOR 92 93 - 97 98 CIVIC / DEL SOL (DENSO) M/T (item 8064860272 end time May-19-06 17:38:58 PDT)

The auction is over, but they will probably relist. (Got my clutch from them, and they were pretty cool) Hope that helps...

i know this is an old thread but..

ebay carries half size oem fitting decent 2-2.5" core radiators that drop right in for about 80 or so.

thats pretty cheap IMO

or call Performance Radiator. if you cant get a OEM exact, they can custom fab one up for you ANY ways you want it. just tell them what you want and BAM on your doorstep a radiator to YOUR specifications :D and DAM good quality. i use them for all my performance radiator needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back