b series pistons in d series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was ondering if i can fit b series pistons in a d motor. also if i get a d17 crank and rods will it fit in a d 16 block

A simple glance at the reference section would have told you no. Stock B series bore is 81mm (84mm on the B20B/Z), stock D series bore is 75mm.

oups i thought it was 75 from looking in the past thats why i was asking. are there any other pistons that will fit besides the zc pistons

Beyond custom pistons, none that I know of. But I am not very well versed in D series.

no one is but im determend to break in to a 12 with one. So far this is the plan

JE pistons 12.5:1
eagle crank/rods
crower valve train
block guard
msd box with timing retard
resleve block
and 100 or 125 shot of nitrous
and im going to be using a del sol si trany
all this will be on a d16y8 in a 97 hatch

with 100-125 shot say good bye to the tranny after like 3 months.

i have a friend with a built z6 using stock tranny with good clutch and flywheel and an 80 shot hes gone through 3 tranny's this season.

Good luck with your project, I'm building a boosted D16Z6, hope for low 11's.

Originally posted by 97hatch@Sep 9 2003, 11:10 PM
no one is but im determend to break in to a 12 with one. So far this is the plan

JE pistons 12.5:1
eagle crank/rods
crower valve train
block guard
msd box with timing retard
resleve block
and 100 or 125 shot of nitrous
and im going to be using a del sol si trany
all this will be on a d16y8 in a 97 hatch

That's a lot of money to go 12s... Eagle crank? Block guard with a resleeve? Go read up some more. There's no reason to run an aftermarket valvetrain unless you're upgrading your cam and/or revving higher... although you might want to go to stainless valves to handle the nitrous, or maybe something coated.

Go do some more reading around the forum, and good luck.

Back